So I'm trying to find a better way to get the little guys to go to sleep and I scour ebay and come up with two Disney Lullaby CDs that look like they'll work. Two weeks of waiting and they arrive in the mail. I pull the CD alarm clock out of their room and plug it in the kitchen, popping the CD in. Out comes the melodious tune When You Wish Upon a Star. They all stop and listen. Lillian says she loves it, gets her pillow and blanket and curls up on one of the office chairs at the desk and pretends to sleep. Ember "I yikes it", Damian says "Mommy, this music is going to make me die." (Dad's Note: This is the same Damian who flew into a rage that almost made me drive off the road the first time he heard Backstreet Boys. I was so proud of him. And, no, it wasn't my CD. Vlad made it for his gf, now wife, and apparently decided it belonged under a shelf in my basement. He was right. Except for it had that Aquabats song on it, which the kids all loved.)
Upon going to bed, I put the CD in the player and Lillian says " I know where this first song comes from, I know where the next song comes from, but the song about putting Daddy to bed, my tiger knows where that one comes from, and she's keeping it a secret."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That Damian is something else . . . Do you think he has a future as a record producer?
I don't who that Vlad guy is that would have the gall to leave a Backstreet Boys CD in your house. I happen to have an entire album, but I swear it is used for nothing more than historical context- you know, so my kids can know what they played at dances when I was in high school.
Andrew - that's just like saying you and Erich used to watch "Jem and the Holograms" and I quote, "Just so we can make fun of it."
Post a Comment